Diatomaceous Earth can be given to all domestic pets and livestock, including Horses, Cows, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, Rabbits, Chickens and others will benefit from the use of Diatomaceous Earth.
A study published in the Oxford Journal of Poultry Science proved that DE was an effective treatment at controlling parasites in hen populations.
The same study also showed that these same hens had a significantly heavier body weight, laid more eggs, and consumed more feed than hens fed a control diet. They also produced bigger eggs when compared to eggs laid before the study began.
Diatomaceous Earth is often used as an organic de-wormer and is extremely beneficial for birds which need high calcium and silica daily.
It is important that you make sure that any animals you give Diatomaceous Earth to have access to plenty of drinking water throughout the day or night if given in the evening.
Diatomaceous Earth is completely safe and nontoxic.
Some of the benefits are:
- Natural worm control
- Control of fleas and ticks
- Stimulates basic metabolism
- Converts feed better
- Reduces odour and moisture in sheds and pens
- Results in better coat and hoof condition
- Helps reduce fly larvae developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population
- Reduces annual vet bills
- Controls worms and internal parasites without chemicals
- Better egg production for chickens and ducks
- Stronger egg shells
- Healthier birds
How To Take Diatomaceous Earth for Animals?
To see how much Diatomaceous Earth to give your animals and pets, please click here.